THE HISTORY OF BETZ CUT STONE.

Floyd and Elwood Betz, two Toronto stone masons, founded Betz Cut Stone Limited in 1952. They purchased a property in Agincourt on Kennedy Road. Their first delivery vehicle was a panel truck that carried one ton of stone. Today, Agincourt is a retail sales division.

By 1954 the fleet had expanded to three trucks. In the early years, the company carried a variety of stone products in the yard and every order was loaded and unloaded by hand. There were no forklift trucks then.

In 1957 a second office was opened in Mississauga and remains in operation today. The growth of the company expanded into Newmarket in 1987 which led to the expansion of the cut stone division.

This family owned and operated company, which started 57 years ago, is now run by Terry, Douglas, & Greg Betz who have followed in their father’s (Floyd) footsteps. The company has grown to be the industry leader for all custom cut stone in Ontario and still provides natural stone products to residential and commercial projects.

Our Delivery Fleet The Early Years
Our Delivery Fleet in 1954
Betz Cut Stone: The early years in Agincourt

 

Genuine Stone

Interested in the Benefits of Natural Stone?

Check out the Natural Stone Councils Website to see the benefits of genuine stone.

GENUINESTONE.COM